Fennel is an interesting vegetable, and one that until I met Bob held no appeal. In his bean salad, the fennel taste a little like aniseed.
In this dish, the combination of coconut milk, white wine and prosciutto assist in creating a very different flavour.
3 tablespoons olive oil
Salt to taste
4 garlic cloves crushed
¼ leek, chopped
1 tablespoon chives, chopped
½ teaspoon parsley, chopped
1 fennel, diced
5 slices prosciutto (bacon, parma ham etc can be substituted)
400 mls coconut cream
¼ cup white wine
1 cup rice, cook to be ready with the fennel dish
- Heat oil in pan on medium to high
- Add salt, garlic, leek, chives, parsley and sauté for 1 – 2 mins
- Add fennel and cook 3 – 4 minutes on medium heat
- Add prosciutto, combine and cook for 1 min
- Add coconut cream and combine well, reduce to a simmer for 5 minutes
- Add white wine and combine.
- Continue simmering until liquid reduces and thickens.
Serve with rice.