For those with food allergies or intolerances, this is a meal where dairy and wheat can be easily substituted for other products. I use Like Milk (pea milk) and rice flour for a dairy free and wheat free alternative.
- 1 large can tuna
- 4 large potatoes
- pinch of salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 1/8 to ¼ cup milk or dairy free alternative
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh or dry chives
- ¼ leak chopped and likely sautéed
- 2 garlic cloves roughly chopped in half
- one egg
- 2 – 6 tablespoons rice flour
- Open and drain tuna.
- Roughly chop potatoes into medium sized cubes. Place in saucepan with salt and halved garlic. Boil until ready for mashing. Drain.
- Place potatoes in mixing bowl. Remove garlic. Mash. Add butter and stir well. Add milk until smooth consistency – Best a little dry rather than overly moist.
- Add chives, leek, and egg. Mix well.
- Gradually add rice flour, until slightly firm.
- Heat pan on a low heat. Add oil.
- When heated, add tablespoons of potato mix to create small patties. Flatten. Cook until brown. Turn and repeat on another side. Continue until all mix is cooked.
Serve with salad or cooked veggies. Tomato sauce goes well with the patties.